We are a web3-focused mobile gaming company that creates innovative, immersive, and engaging gaming experiences for our players. Our games are designed to leverage the latest blockchain technology and give players the ability to truly own their in-game assets. This position reports to the CTO.
If you are a passionate and experienced candidate with a strong background in game development and Web3 technologies, want some work-life balance, as we work remotely, 4 days a week! then we would love to hear from you!
As a Technical Director, Mobile & Web3 Video Games you manage development execution on a diverse team to build and launch a next generation Web3 AAA Sports Mobile Game. This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members and team leadership. Technical Director, Mobile & Web3 Video Games focus on project management, progress tracking, and risk mitigation with Producers to produce predictable results that ensure feature quality and stakeholder agreement.
- You will inspire and motivate the team through personal example, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- You allow the team to embrace accountability, find opportunities to maximize their potential, and champion their accomplishments.
- Build a strong partnership with Production and Development teams.
- You will establish trust and credibility with disciplined leadership.
- Manage execution from concept to live, accountable for meeting milestone commitments and quality targets.
- Collaborate with product owners and leadership to guide the product roadmap at both sprint and milestone levels, and provide project status reports.
- Manage the schedule and project resources by running scrum, monitoring sprint metrics, and coordinating retrospectives.
- Facilitate cross department communications with team members to determine content/tech/feature requirements and desired player experience.
- Support team leadership in establishing product goals, quality targets and achieving agreement.
- Manage live services, including play tests during development.
- Track production and operational issues to completion.
- Keep the team informed on development results, changes and risks.
- Ensure the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices.
- Balance priorities, and find creative solutions to achieve results.
- Seek knowledge and apply it to improve our studio.
- Familiar with SCRUM, Waterfall, Kanban.
- 7+ years of production experience on software development projects.
- Experience shipping successful games in a producer or project management role.
- Experienced in determining task dependencies, priorities, and assignments.
- Evaluate development risks and create mitigation and contingency plans.
- Understand mobile game application market and business models.
- Expertise using production tools and multimedia software applications.
- Excellent conceptual and technical writing skills.
- Change management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Has a high degree of initiative, and takes opportunities to make improvements.
- Responsible for and invested in outcomes.
- Experience managing mobile game app development or managing live services.
- Engineering project management experience.
- A love of sports, especially baseball will be considered a plus.
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- How many video game projects have you released?
- Software Production: 7 years (preferred)